Like Every Night - Shot 3




ALL'S NOT LOST


That was how it had been, ever since.


A sick sadness rose in Arnav as he looked at his wife. He had given 51% of the shares to Khushi, made her his equivalent and even beyond at his company to show his trust and gratitude in exchange for the power she gave him.


But today, after being termed as the living God of Fashion, he simply thought if this was worth it.


They delayed the thought of bringing a child into this word because Khushi wanted AR to grow further in a form where it could never stumble. The Khushi he knew would have wanted a baby ever since she turned 19.


Arnav felt a single tear roll down his eye as the woman before him looked much shattered and older beyond her present age of 26.


“I love you, okay.” Arnav brought his wife closer, his conscience as husband and his power battling against each other. He feared if AR stumbled any other day… for the money and status were all he truly had. Gently wiping the stains of mascara aside, he pressed his lips on hers, regretting as his wife opened her heavy lashes gently.


Without a heed to her tiredness, she smiled softly at him and slipped out of her undergarments, unbuckling his pants out of habit and years of practice. At his hesitance her smile dropped. Edging further towards him, she wrapped his hands around her and said “I’m yours Arnav… trust me, I’ve not had any other man…”


“Khush!” Arnav looked into her teary eyes and cursed to himself, bringing her as close as he could. Pressing a kiss at each eye he said, “Every part of mine is yours Khush. You’re innocence in existence. I only hesitated because you were tired. Never think I’ll do the same mistake again.” Flashes of his misjudgement on her alleged affair with his brother in law came before him.


It still tore him to think that he had misjudged the only person who gave her whole heart to him.


“I love you Khush.” He said to an uncharacteristically quiet Khushi who simply smiled back at him. “Me too… ah!” She groaned while Arnav took his hand aside in alarm. Her eyes widened and she tried to divert his attention while Arnav grabbed her hands aside and pulled off the blanket to see a blue mark on her breast.


“Kh… how?” He growled while Khushi hugged him tight “Arnav I swear nothing happen,” Khushi stopped as Arnav closed his eyes and held her hand “I’m not doubting you. But how… who?” Khushi sighed in relief and blinked a few times.


“One of the guards of the recent client tried too hard to feel me up. But,” Khushi added seeing the old rage in his eyes “Mr. Virutzki was extremely apologetic and swore to do anything for us in return? Say we buy his company?” Khushi joked with Arnav while her defeated husband only looked at her, tears pooling his eyes.


“Y… you love me this much?” Arnav croaked while Khushi simply drew patterns in the air “Love can reduce anyone to anything*.” Khushi snapped out feeling her words tumble out her feelings. Plastering a smile back on her face she grabbed his hand and put it gently on her bosom.


“Who has the right to touch the property of ASR? Won’t I eat that man’s head off? And Arnav, please do something. It is pretty embarrassing for you to touch me without like… touching me.” Khushi attempted another joke as Arnav slumped his head between his heads.


“Has my love reduced you to ashes Khushi?” He asked, his voice breaking with tears while Khushi sat up and cupped his cheek. “It’s no issue Arnav. Didn’t I say that,”


“THAT GUARD FU**ING MOLESTED YOU AND I SIT HERE WAITING FOR YOU TO COMPLETE THE DEAL LIKE AN B*****D. MY WIFE GETS… I… FU**!” Arnav screamed.


“I’m fine.” Khushi smiled, her lips wobbling slightly while Arnav got up abruptly and switched on the lights, escaping from the darkness around them. Like a madman he switched every light in his vicinity, pushed aside the curtains and threw out all her clothes.


“Khush… I’m… I’m sorry.” He broke down while Khushi grabbed an old shirt and walked upto him, her eyes tearing at his helplessness. “I want AR… but not at your cost.” Khushi felt her heart pound against her chest as Arnav pointed at the silk gowns before him.


“I thought I was evolving my wife when I was ruining her! The pompoms, jalebis… I want everything back Khush. I want you back.”


“No, you can’t have her back.” Khushi whispered, her hands wringing through an old dupatta as her frustrations and tears fought through her.


“You just said… go with it! My Arnavji wouldn’t have let another man stare at me. No, I was never fine with. I hated it.” She continued and walked slowly to the bed, hiding under her blanket as Arnav followed her quietly, holding her tight in his arms.


She lay still, fighting her need to get into his embrace till she was tired and rolled simply back into his arms.


“Why didn’t you tell me?”


“How could I break you dream Arnav?” Khushi whispered in his chest, her eyes red with tears.


“I’m sorry Khush. I’m so sorry Khush. Selfish that I was… I thought that,” Arnav shut his eyes as he recalled his wife’s silent acceptance then was nothing but fear, nothing but the want to be protected.


“I want to be in AR forever Arnav, but this… I am scared that Khushi has died in the attempt of growing up too fast.”


“Hush!” Arnav took her fist and placed it on his chest.


Khushi closed her eyes as she heard the age old rhythmic beat. “Hear that?” He asked. She mutely nodded.


“How can you die when I’m alive Khush? Don’t you remember… ki humari dhadkanein,”


“Ek ho jaati hai*.” She completed, realising that neither had forgotten the day they truly confessed.


“I don’t say much but Khush… don’t fade away. I… I…” Arnav looked as a few remnants of his old Khushi sparkled in the glow of his unsaid words.


Hum samajte hain* (I understand.)” She said.


“Let’s run away Arnav…”


Ji.” He added, smiling softly as Khushi passed him a watery smile.


“So as I was saying, let’s run away.”


“Marry again at some temple?” He asked.


“Yes, and have a nice long honeymoon followed by a little house and many curly haired babies.” Khushi sighed at her silliness.


“Let’s go then.” Arnav smiled.


“Arnavji,” She paused, feeling the familiarity set on her lips. “I was joking.”


“I am not Khush. You’ve lived my dark life long enough… let me live yours. Let me just… live.” The solemn promise in his voice didn’t go unnoticed as Khushi watched her husband remove a bag and stuff it with their passports, wallets, phones and a few clothes. Marching up to her with an old salwar kameez, a boggled Khushi looked as Arnav changed into a cotton shirt and jeans.


“Aren’t you going a bit too filmy Arnav? Where will we go?” Khushi asked while Arnav pressed his finger against her lips “Shut up Laad Governess.”


“What the?” Khushi looked at him.


“What the?” Arnav looked back at Khushi. Grabbing her hand, he yelled at Aman halfway to have a car ready for Nainital.


“Nainital… out of all the places?” Khushi asked, her face glowing with suppressed excitement. Arnav paused to kiss her senseless for a second and return back to his seat.


“Of course? What’s a love story without implied shipping of our wedding, a romantic getaway, an implied suhaagraat and slapping a few goons away from my wife?” Khushi laughed her heart out while he drove from Delhi to Nainital.


Arnav vowed to make the love story come true… once again.

--- fin ---

So hello fellows! Here's the end of a shot series!
If you liked it - pour it in guys!
Loads of love :)
Share:

1 comment: