BTM - Chapter 1




FIRST IMPRESSIONS

"You're an excellent cook Khushi! God this pilaf is amazing!" Khushi gave her a tight lipped smile as she felt no flattery from the compliment.
Mainly because Sheetal Sahay was a 30 year old supermodel and had bagged a title in every single beauty pageant existing in this world, so she was ridiculously beautiful. Standing 5 feet 11 inches with a figure that would boggle even photoshoppers, the dusky beauty had rare blue eyes which spoke of her mixed descent and sparked with intelligence.
Or because that woman had leaned into Khushi's husband, slapping her arm casually on his thigh.
"Khushi, you haven't eaten yet." Nani, Arnav's maternal grandmother chided, returning back into a conversation that Sheetal had everyone engaged into.
"Honestly Nani, when I went to Africa after winning Miss Universe I was like fine, the PR has pushed me into all this but that experience changed my life. I realised how fortunate I was of my education, so I decided to pursue my interest into biochemical engineering... " Khushi clenched her fist, noticing everyone's familiarity with the strange woman.
"So Khushi?" Sheetal asked, wincing as Khushi hissed cause she bit her tongue. "Sorry, tell me?" 
"What did you study?" Silence fell over the table as Arnav cleared his throat "She didn't study beyond twelve."
"Oh."
"Yes, I missed two years in school during my adoption process so I was eighteen when I passed school. I used to work in my father's sweet shop..." Khushi trailed off, watching Arnav gesture her to not say more.
"In... teresting." Sheetal stirred her fork, casting another glance at Khushi's fingers mixing the rice and raita. "So did you go back to Harvard?" Nani asked.
"You all know each other from before?" Khushi asked, unable to restrain her curiosity.
"Of course! In my trips to India I used to stay here when Arnav and I were dating." Sheetal exclaimed and stilled when the table felt silent with Khushi boring her eyes at her.
The day just went from worse to terrible.
--------

⇐⇐ Prologue

Chapter Two ⇒⇒

--------
Hello my dearest!
So I'm back with an update (the other chapter is coming out too) and I really hope you love this chapter! These are going to be short, sweet and and a lot of stuff will be going on between the lines :) This won't turn too serious and in fact, would be pretty light for a change - so I hope you love this chapter!
Hugs, 
*

Share:

2 comments: